Beware of the unbelievable smell this will leave in your kitchen. Keep it warm in a crock pot for parties.
- 5 c organic apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 (1/2 -inch-thick) orange slice with peel
- 1 (1/2 -inch-thick) lemon slice with peel
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- cinnamon sticks and/or thinly sliced apples for garnish (optional)
- Combine cider, cinnamon stick, cloves, orange slice, lemon slice, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain cider mixture through a sieve into a bowl and discard solids.
- Garnish each serving with one cinnamon stick and a thin slice of apple, if desired.